Mona Lisa / da Vinci/ Salai Theory: iDenity


Mon Salai (my site)


Yesterday I checked my google alerts and saw dozens of stories with headlines like "Mona Lisa claimed to be da Vinci's boyfriend" and various other variations on very high profile news sites. I was excited at first because that has been a theory I've been developing over the last 10 years and is the basis of a book I've been working on. I then realized it had been released by someone else. Someone who was also on a National Geographic episode we were both on a couple years ago. I thought I would post another blog about the theory and the timeline in case the increased interest the news articles brought more readers here. Hi!

Click on the link to view my site which has more information and graphics. Mon Salai (my site) There is more to the theory which I'm not going to post yet for what should seem like obvious reasons if you stick around.

The themes being released by someone else does take away from the impact and validity of my work when I do try and  release it myself. It's no longer "news" and the story would then seem that someone else is trying to claim the same thing rather than it being about the theory itself. Or in other words it's a spoiler for that particular theory which would then make it become old news.  It takes the wind out of my sails before I've even set off. It takes it from a breaking story to an already broken one.



Conversely it shows that other people are able to release the same information successfully - demonstrating it's 'news worthy' which is encouraging. Thankfully this is only a small part of my research and I have other things I can release that have not been.

Writing this makes me feel a little whiny and petty.  I feel like if this was someone else complaining about the same problem  I would tell them - "ohh poor you, shut up and do something about it, fix the problem!" SO I guess this blog post and what I do next will be the solution.

What do I do?
I guess I tell my story  and what I've found and leave the rest up to you - the reader and those that can help share it.

---
In 2006, when I was 23, I began writing a book about Leonardo da Vinci and various discoveries I made regarding his art. One of which (which this post is about) was about a painting of Salai, Leonardo's lover/ pupil combining with the Mona Lisa when they were superimposed.






In 2011 I was asked to be featured on a National Geographic  TV show about Mona Lisa where I talked about this theory. On the same episode there was another guy who was featured for his plans to dig up real life Lisa's skull to do a comparison with the Mona Lisa's face and for findings numbers and letters in the painting. Also that the Mona Lisa was inspired by Salai and a real life Lisa combined. 

Between 2006  and up until a couple years ago I was posting my theories and a preview of my book (and the entire previous version of it) on my website. I also had press releases sent out and a couple articles written about it. During this time Salai as a search term  was relatively unpopular online. Since I posted images of him and my research they became ranked in the top images if you searched for the term "Salai". So while I would not come up for any "Leonardo da Vinci" searches (at least not near the top) I would be in the top 10 for "Salai" and even the very 1st picture you see when searching. Clicking on it would then take you to my web site where I explained my theory. Not only that but the images that I created by combining the face of the Mona Lisa and Salai would be shown in these searches meaning that anyone searching for the term "Salai" would be exposed to my research even if inadvertently:



So if you were to have searched for "Salai" you would see a picture like the one above. Even if you didn't go to my website where I went into more detail the graphic is enough to realize the implication. Salai and the Mona Lisa's face are nearly identical. So you would realize they are connected - just by searching for Salai - and this was from my web site and research. This was why I started putting really annoying watermarks across the images because people would use them and then not say where they got them from - thus leaking the contents and theories and research from my book. This enabled people to 'use' my work and ideas and then spread them as their own. Kinda  like taking someone's pictures and articles and posting them without the source instead of re-blogging them. Some of you will know what that means and other will not. Essentially it's taking peoples stories and pictures and posting them as your own without giving credit. It could be because you either don't know the source or you want to make it seem like it's your own idea. It's possible for someone to do this without knowing that it was by someone else but that is different than claiming it was your original idea. You see there is a difference between an idea and a story and a theory and then someone's exact words and images. You can take someone's story and re-write it and say it's yours but you can't use their pictures without permission or their exact words.

When I started I didn't' know about these things so I posted my entire (400+page) book on my web site and paid someone to put out a press release giving out the theories and discoveries I had made. These were then used by other people but without using me or my site as a source - intentionally or not - I don't know. But like I said it would have been nearly impossible to do any kind of research into Salai during the last 10 years without coming across my site and seeing my theory. That is how and why I was contacted to do a tv show about the Mona Lisa - since it was about her identity and Salai. On that show was someone who just released a story that is making headlines about this same idea.

His story has the same basis but doesn't go on to explain why or how. He says they are similar and are a combination of Lisa and Salai.  I'm obviously not going to give out any more details than is already posted on this blog or my site until my book is done but here is the gist.




Eg: you could imagine how two same sex partners would want to imagine what their child together would look like - just like every other opposite sex couples would. Solution - paint them. Leonardo's solution was more convoluted and 'conspiratorial' or secretive because he could have literally been burned at the stake for it. Which is the same type of caution and hesitation that has kept me from releasing the theory with more gusto. It's controversial and i'm shy. haha 


http://www.ovimagazine.com/art/1046
Mona Lisa or Mon Salai?
by Louie Parsons
2006-11-17 08:26:17

Is a link to an article dated to 2006 which explains the exact same thing about me and my research.

itsjustlife.com is now discoveringdavinci.com 

2016 -today i'm checking my email and get the normal google alerts for "Leonardo da Vinci" and "Mona Lisa" what do I see:

Mona Lisa 'was Leonardo's gay lover'

Times LIVE - ‎4 hours ago‎
The Mona Lisa was partly based on Leonardo da Vinci's apprentice and probable gay lover, an Italian art detective claims. Save & Share. Email · Print. Silvano Vinceti said the portrait was an amalgam of Lisa Gherardini, the wife of a wealthy merchant ...

Mona Lisa's villa up for sale

Khaleej Times - ‎6 hours ago‎
Located in the hills outside Florence, "the villa is priced at over 10 million euros ($11.3 million)." One of Tuscany's most famous villas is up for sale with its owners hoping to be smiling all the way to the bank thanks to its links to the Mona Lisa ...

Mona Lisa might actually be da Vinci's male lover

New York Post - ‎9 hours ago‎
An expert believes there are similarities in Mona Lisa's mysterious smirk to other paintings Leonardo da Vinci did of his lover Gian Giacomo Caprotti, who was nicknamed Salai, or the Little Devil. Photo: Getty Images (2). Mona Lisa is based in part on ...

Mona Lisa's Villa is on the Market for $23 Million

Forbes - ‎12 hours ago‎
You can now immerse yourself in the very site where Leonardo da Vinci painted his iconic oil on canvas, Mona Lisa. For the first time in over 50 years, the 16th-century Villa Antinori is on the market for £16 million or $23 million. The estate sprawls ...

Mona Lisa's secret smile hides amalgam of merchant's wife and da Vinci's male lover, detective claims

National Post - ‎12 hours ago‎
The Mona Lisa was based not just on a Florentine merchant's wife, but also on Leonardo da Vinci's apprentice and probable gay lover, an Italian art detective claims. Silvano Vinceti said the portrait was an amalgam of Lisa Gherardini, the wife of a ...

Want To Live In Mona Lisa's Villa?

Huffington Post - ‎13 hours ago‎
Have you always wanted to know what life was like for the muse of what is arguably the most famous painting of all time? You're in luck! All you need is $23 million. Lionard. But look how much house you're getting! Villa Antinori is a breathtakingly ...

Mona Lisa based on Leonardo DaVinci's gay lover, says art historian

Irish Independent - ‎16 hours ago‎
An Italian art detective has claimed that Leonardo DaVinci's Mona Lisa is partly based on his male apprentice and possible gay lover. Share. Facebook · Twitter · Google · Email. Go To. Comments. Officially it's a portrait of Lisa Gherardini, the wife ...

Mona Lisa smile 'based on Leonardo da Vinci's gay lover', claims art historian

The Independent - ‎18 hours ago‎
The famous portrait that hangs in the Louvre in Paris has undergone infra-red analysis to give the art world more insight into one of the world's most renowned paintings. Following his examinations, Silvano Vinceti believes the artwork is an ...

Mona Lisa based on Da Vinci's gay lover, art detective claims

Telegraph.co.uk - ‎Apr 20, 2016‎
The Mona Lisa was based not just on a Florentine merchant's wife but also on Leonardo da Vinci's male apprentice and probable gay lover, an Italian art detective claims. Silvano Vinceti said the portrait, which hangs in the Louvre in Paris, is an ...

Is the Mona Lisa Based on Da Vinci's Gay Lover?

Out Magazine - ‎7 hours ago‎
An Italian art detective claims Leonardo da Vinci's famous painting is modeled after both a man and woman. By Nicholas Richard Rees. Thu, 2016-04-21 14:43. Silvano Vinceti, the head of the National Committee for Cultural Heritage, claims the image of ...

Art detective claims Da Vinci based the Mona Lisa on gay lover

Gay Times Magazine - ‎14 hours ago‎
The Mona Lisa was partly based on Leonardo da Vinci's gay lover, according to new claims by an Italian art detective. Silvano Vinceti, head of research group the National Committee for Cultural Heritage, has suggested the world-famous painting was ...

Is the Mona Lisa actually based on Leonardo Da Vinci's gay lover?

Gay Star News - ‎18 hours ago‎
The Mona Lisa is one of the most famous paintings in the world, but it turns out the portrait of a Florentine merchant's wife could have been based on Leonardo Da Vinci's apparent boyfriend. Italian art detective Silvano Vinceti has said the Mona Lisa ...



These are headlines news from around the world about one of the main premises that I have been writing (and wrote) a book about for the last 10 years. 



Link to a blog I wrote about it in 2013 explaining that it would be in vain to dig up the skull because it couldn't' be a real Lisa because... of the theory I gave which he is now using. 



I may be a little disappointed that it was them and not me being sourced but I would also blame myself for taking so long to finish and then promote my book. You snooze you lose right?  




In 2007 someone else released my research regarding the Last Supper and it's mirroring properties which was supposedly taken from my web site/ articles that were sent out in the press release. The subsequent news stories were not just about the Last Supper but that the story itself generated 15 MILLION hits to his web site, crashing it, in a single day.  At the time my web site with the exact same story and my entire book i had posted online for free (to read before you buy) had only received less than 1000 hits - in total or more like 10 a day. I had been struggling with the notion that no one would be interested in my book or what it was about or that I was delusional for dedicating so much time to it.

So imagine you pay for someone to write and release a press release about a book and discoveries in it. Nothing happens. Then a couple weeks go by and that discovery is in the headline news - but by someone else... That is what happened.


Even if only 1% of those 15 million views would have been directed to my site where my book was for sale I would have made over a million dollars.. think about how devastating that was - and that was in the first year I started. Now imagine you've spent 9 additional years on the same book with no recognition or any income and probably over 100,000$ has been invested in this by my MOM! (thanks mom!)

Think about it. 10 years spent dedicated to a single goal - finishing a book. Losing everyone i cared about in the process and thought to be crazy. It was enough to drive someone crazy - and it did for a while! But that was a while ago and i'm at the best place with my book and my Leonardo research than i've ever been.

http://derekbair.blogspot.com/2011/02/lighting-misses-twice.html 

Is a link to the last time this happened (actually 2 times ago) that gives the evidence and explains exactly what happened.



 The side effect of this process is having to work with not only no personal income but no validation or external motivation. It's like working at a job for 10 years in which you dont get paid for and you can't talk about with anyone that is interested or could help you. Then someone else posts your work before you're done. What is the lesson? Don't post your work before you're done!


Catch 22

It sounds weird and paranoid to say "i'm working on something really interesting and  significant (historically) but I can't tell you what it is, I can't even hint about it before i'm ready because someone might take my idea."*eye roll*

 Because if they use my research/ story and then announce it before I do then when I do it will seem like i am trying to take credit for something AFTERwards. Exactly what is happening in this post. So the story isn't about a discovery but who made it and when.

People would wonder - well then why didn't you announce it when you found it? I DID but I didn't know what I was doing or how to announce something or even how to write a book! I was 23, in college and working at the front desk of a clubhouse.


An analogy being you wouldn't post the design for a new invention before you patent it or you wouldn't share an idea for a movie or book until you're done because people WILL not only take it but take credit for it. Case is freaking point! it's not paranoia - it's how it works.


Hey, it sucks, but whatever, I've gotten used to it and it's helped by making my inspiration -self sufficient and also allowed me to avoid feelings rushed or compromising.





One last point which only adds to my frustration.

One person can present something and it won't be published. Another person can then take that and present it and it's published? Or why was a theory that I had first not able to be included but then the exact same theory by someone else was? If it's about the validity of the content - they are identical - so it's not that. Especially on Wikipedia. So what gives?



-exhale-

After writing all that i'm left with wondering what I want? Or more so - what is the point? I think this is exactly what I wanted, to be reminded that what i'm working on is worth it and that people might be interested in it when i'm done. Sure this story in particular will now seem like a re-blog if it were released by me - which is frustrating, of course. But I have to remind myself that I already released it 9ish years ago. I also have to remember that its only 1/2 of a chapter in my entire book and no one knows what the rest is really about. What is it about...it's about t... haha almost got me! You're gonna have to wait!

Thanks for reading!

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

-D
itsjustlifetm@gmail.com


"Every wrong shall be set right" - Leonardo da Vinci



Art detective says female and male model used for Mona Lisa face

India Today - ‎Apr 26, 2016‎
An Italian art detective is arguing that research backs his long-standing claim that Leonardo Da Vinci used both a female and a male model to create the acclaimed portrait. Reuters | Posted by Manpreet Kaur. reuters@intoday.com. April 26, 2016 ...

Was The 'Mona Lisa' Based On Leonardo's Male Lover?

Huffington Post - ‎Apr 25, 2016‎
The “Mona Lisa” bears several striking similarities to Leonardo's apprentice Salai, also known as “little devil.” 04/25/2016 12:32 pm ET. 188. Sarah Cascone artnet News. Leonardo da Vinci, Mona Lisa (1503–1517). Photo: Wikipedia Commons.

Art sleuth sees female, male models for Mona Lisa

The Japan News - ‎Apr 26, 2016‎
Reuters FLORENCE (Reuters) — Mona Lisa's enigmatic smile draws millions of viewers from across the world, all eager to see the art world's most famous female face. But is it? An Italian art detective is arguing that research backs his long-standing ...

Art detective says female, male model used for Mona Lisa face

Eyewitness News - ‎Apr 26, 2016‎
Art detective says research backs claim that Da Vinci used models to create the acclaimed portrait. NETHERLANDS, Rotterdam : A view of reproductions of the Mona Lisa painting on display in. FILE: A view of reproductions of the Mona Lisa painting on ...

"Mona Lisa" by Leonardo da Vinci

Press TV - ‎Apr 25, 2016‎
There's perhaps no one in the world who doesn't know the famous painting of the smiling lady with her hands gently placed on each other. For many years people have been wondering, how Leonardo da Vinci created the mysterious “Mona Lisa”. Now an art ...

The Guardian

Mona Lisa: research backs theory on male and female models, 'art detective' claims
Art historian believes the second model could have been Gian Giacomo Caprotti, Da Vinci's male apprentice. Photograph: History Archive/REX ...

AOL News

Art detective says female and male model used for Mona Lisaface
FLORENCE, Italy, April 25 (Reuters) - Mona Lisa's enigmatic smile draws millions of viewers from across the world, all eager to see the art world's ...

Reuters

The two faces of Mona Lisa
An art detective says Leonardo Da Vinci used a female and a male model to create the Mona Lisa. Angela Moore reports. △ Hide Transcript.


Washington Post

Art detective says Mona Lisa has two faces
Art detective says Mona Lisa has two faces ... EDT - An art detective says Leonardo Da Vinci used a female and a male model to create the Mona Lisa.
Art detective says female and male model used for Mona Lisa face
An Italian art detective is arguing that research backs his long-standing claim thatLeonardo Da Vinci used both a female and male model to create the ...

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1.2.1 - Shone

Mohenjo Daro

Nothing's real until you let go completely.