Hidden Door found at Machu Picchu
|Martin St-Amant - Wikipedia|
Machu Picchu is an city Located in Peru built around 1450 by the Incas. It's remarkable for it's elevation and sophistication in it's design. How did they get the rocks up there? How did they carve them so perfectly? Why build it in such a difficult location? What purpose did it really serve?
It seems like it was built as almost a 'vacation house' or temple for the royalty at the time. This new article is about how archaeologists have found a hidden door that they are about to open. They had already scanned it and found that there is gold, silver, multiple rooms, and a staircase. What else they can find will be fascinating - could there be lost writings? Art? Records? Why did they abandon it and what exactly does it contain?
- Derinkuyu Underground City: Saturday, January 22, 2011
- Geopolymerization and Megalithic Structures: Wednesday, November 7, 2012
- Machu Picchu was built around 1450, at the height of the Inca Empire
- It was abandoned just over 100 years later, in 1572, as a belated result of the Spanish Conquest.
- Machu Picchu was built in the classical Inca style, with polished dry-stone walls.
|Hobe / Holger Behr|
A FRENCH-PERUVIAN-SPANISH TEAM DISCOVERS A CHAMBER IN MACHU PICCHU Link
- In 2010, while he was visiting the lost city, David Crespy noticed the presence of a strange “shelter” located in the heart of the city, at the bottom of one of the main buildings. For him, there was no doubt about it, he was looking at a “door”, an entrance sealed by the Incas.
- Realized between April 9th and April 12th 2012, the electromagnetic survey not only confirmed the presence of an underground room but several! Just Behind the famous entrance, a staircase was also discovered. The two main paths seem to lead to specific chambers, including to the main squared one. The different techniques used by the French researcher(s), (Molecular Frequencies Discriminator) allowed them to highlight the presence of important archaeological material, including deposits of metal and a large quantity of gold and silver!
"A detailed 3D Google Earth model of the ancient Inca city of Machu Picchu has been created using data from a laser scan of the site conducted by the University of Arkansas (see below). The model contains every building, every structure and every terrace in the entire city and is accurate to within 10cm (4") over most of the site. The model also includes all structures and terraces at the top of Wayna Picchu, the mountain that is in the background in most photos of Machu Picchu."
"The sculpture carved out from the rock bottom of the sun temple is interpreted as "Water mirrors for observing the sky". Tourist guides also talk about the "Eyes ofPachamama" (Mother Earth)."