Isleworth Mona Lisa - Analyzed
- Notice that although the background is different from the actual Mona Lisa it is also misaligned - meaning that the perspective goes “off” behind the sitter.
- Notice the green cloud/ ? is mirrored - a common Leonardo technique.
- There are pillars on either side of the sitter - something that the real Mona Lisa doesn’t have. Although there are still remnants of pillars that were either painted on, or were cut off at a later time.
This image shows the Isleworth Mona and the Mona Lisa superimposed for comparison.
- Note the road in the background to the left of her shoulder - shaped in a letter S.
- Note the lack of a bridge to the right.
- Note the same use of red going to green in both - but the Isleworth lacking the continuation to blue.
- The knots around the neckline are similar though not exactly the same.
- The Isleworth sitter seems younger, more feminine, and has more make up on.