National Gallery of Art - Washington DC (Ginevra de' Benci)


The National Gallery of Art in Washington DC is home to the only Leonardo da Vinci painting in the western hemisphere. Her name is Ginevra de' Benci. These are some pictures I took on a trip to visit her. I included some pictures of other paintings that seemed to be da Vinci related. Enjoy! 
This is the view walking into her section. 

This is her, she is very white and someone cut off her arms. 

This is the back of the painting, I didn't know about it until I walked around the wall she was hanging on. 


More about the painting!


This painting was HUGE. I only included it because it has a painting of a painting of the Mona Lisa on it. See if you can find her. 







This reminded me of the Shroud of Turin. Click here for how that relates to Leonardo.



Yet another version of the "Last Supper" themed art. 

St. Jerome

St. Jerome

There were a lot of paintings of St. Jerome that I saw.

More about St. Jerome


This is Leonardo's version of "St. Jerome" Being the rebel he was he was the only person to  portray him without a beard. 

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1.2.1 - Shone

Mohenjo Daro

Nothing's real until you let go completely.