No Doubt -


About 1/2 an hour ago something rather strange happened to me. You'll probably shrug it off as a coincidence and leave it at that. And I'm tempted to do the same. But let me explain.

My mom was going on a trip this weekend so I wanted to make a cd for her to listen to on her way. I spent over an hour picking out the perfect songs for her. I even spent time making sure they were in a certain order.. One of which was No Doubt's - Hella Good. From their CD - Rock Steady. Its one of their best songs, and the most popular from that cd.

So she got home today and we were listening to music and I asked her how she liked her cd - she loved it obviously, because I make the best "mixed tapes" ever! and we were talking about some of the songs I put on her new cd. I decided to go get the cd from her car to listen to it.

A couple tracks in The song "hella good" was playing, it was the about the 5th track on the cd, and while it was playing I randomly decided to check my wikidroid app. It's wikepedia's (one of the most popular web sites there is - a free online encyclopedia) android app - which has a new and random page each and every day with some recent news articles too. Well, todays featured article was .... No Doubt's 5th album "rock steady" which just happened to have the song "hella good" on it....


Today's featured article

Rock Steady is the fifth album by American rock band No Doubt, released December 11, 2001, onInterscope Records. The band began writing the album with initial recording sessions in Los Angeles andSan Francisco, then traveled to London and Jamaica to work with various performers, songwriters, and producers. Sly & RobbieThe Neptunes, and William Orbit were among the many artists the band collaborated with on the album. As a result of the many collaborations, Rock Steady touches on many musical styles. The album focuses more on dubsynthpop, and dance styles. The band attempted to capture the vibe of Jamaican dancehall music, and experimented with writing songs without its standard instrumentation. Singer Gwen Stefani wrote her lyrics quickly in comparison to previous records, and dealt with topics ranging from partying to ruminations on her relationship with Gavin RossdaleRock Steadyreceived mostly positive reviews from music critics, and it was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album at the45th Grammy Awards. The album served as a commercial comeback for the band, surpassing sales of its previous offering, Return of Saturn, released in 2000. Rock Steady spawned four singles, two of which won the Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal. (more...)


I'm not making this up! If I would have checked the app at any other time - it wouldn't have been as relevant. But I happened to check it in the 3 min window that the song was playing in the background..

It's like you are listening to a song - and then you happened to click on a random site - and the site is about that song! WTF is that?

To make matters worse - or better, I fell asleep watching "the Matrix" last night. Which is one of my top 10 movies of all time and.. I dont know what it means. One of the lines from the movie is "Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"


Synchronicity is basically described as a "meaningful coincidence" - it's one of the most enigmatic and fascinating things in my life. Granted that i'm always looking for it - it seems to find me. But the real question is what's its purpose - what does it mean? Does it matter? I don't understand it at all. When it happens I can recognize it but I dont know what to make of it. This is one of the best examples i've had in a while. 


Right when I got on my computer to write this blog  unexplained-mysteries.com came up - which opens every time I open my browser (chrome of course) and their featured article was something about a flying car. Last night I was drawing designs for a flying car... Yet another example. It happens all the time. But what does it mean? Why???!!!

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=196000











Morpheus: I know *exactly* what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about? 
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

1.2.1 - Shone

Mohenjo Daro

Nothing's real until you let go completely.