cont

Basically my writing style is personal and journalistic. When you write a journal, you are essentially writing to yourself. So you're honest. My writing didn't evolve to be read by everyone or by "readers" it was to, and for, me. Then came along blogging, and my web site, which made my style start to change. 

I've spent the last few years learning to edit and think about you, whoever you are. Just because I like something, doesn't mean you will. Just because I dont like something, doesn't mean you won't. So i've read a lot and paid attention to what seems to be universally appealing. What keeps "our" interest. 

I'm also really interested in writing itself. How it evolved and how it works. I used to think it was this magic ability that only certain people had. Now I realize it's a acquired skill. Thats why one of my favorite things to write about, is writing about writing... 

I've figured out that everyone's biggest interest is themselves! haha. So while i'm working on my book I'm writing it directly to the reader. It's almost going to be as if instead of reading a book, you'll be reading a really long email to you. For you, by me. 

The end.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1.2.1 - Shone

Mohenjo Daro

Nothing's real until you let go completely.