911

I didn't realize it was 9-11 until I woke up this morning, but last night I had a dream about something seemingly related.

After the killer vampire plants part, I was in a car driving through Del Taco for the second time in my dreams last night, and with different people.

This time I was with someone who is very christian, and very republican. In the dream she was saying something about the Troops and how she supported the war.

I just remember saying something like: "How can anyone who says they are christian, be for the war? Or any war? They always say "What would Jesus do?" And really - do you think Jesus would be for war? Do you think he would support killing anyone? I don't think so, and I don't think he would either."

I thought I made a good point. Revenge is not a good reason for war.

"Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarreled with him?
~ Blaise Pascal

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.
~ Dwight D. Eisenhower

Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.
~ Nietzsche


Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


A tyrant is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader.
~ Plato


Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship... Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.
~ Nazi Hermann Goering




You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
~ George Bernard Shaw




Yes, my friends, I too am prepared to die for a cause, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.
~Mohandas Gandhi


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1.2.1 - Shone

Mohenjo Daro

Nothing's real until you let go completely.