Interjection Ten

Taken from Interjection 10 of my book: Discovering Da Vinci's Daughter. This is me trying to describe what I saw the first night I made my initial discovery. It was over 2 years ago now.. crazy. I honestly thought I was going to be on the news the next day, not nearly nothing 2 years later. and I wonder why my site is called "its just life"




"So when I explain what happened to me next I hope you’ll understand that it really did happen, but it’s not something you would normally believe without proof. If I’m right in my theory about it, which I’ll explain after, then I will be able to prove it and maybe even teach others to experience it - but for now it’s just a memory from a mind that hadn’t slept in days..

After looking at the Mona Lisa and Da Vinci’ sketch for literally hours and hours I began to see things..

I started to put the Mona Lisa on top of itself in hundreds of different ways. Placing a smaller copy upside down at one spot and then a larger at another – all on top of the original and different transparencies. It made for some very interesting images, but the strange thing isn’t how I did it, but why? Why would I think to do that? What purpose could it serve? Fascinatingly the random placements, the painting arranged sporadically started to change. I started to see various things inside the composite images.



I remember specifically seeing a frog and musical notes and other things I could see but not recognize. I could only see them when I wasn’t focused and out of the corner of my eye. Now there are two different things this would make you think.



1. I was delusional and just seeing things that weren’t there.

2. I was seeing something that was there.



I admit the possibility of not really seeing anything. But let’s think about what it means if I really was seeing something that was there.

Frogs and musical notes are something possible for Da Vinci to paint. If I would have seen cars, or monsters, or “the devil”, I would be inclined to believe my mind was making stuff up. BUT since what I was seeing was drawn in Da Vinci’s style and similar to his other content it makes me think what I thought I saw was actually a possibility if there was something there.

Next I would wonder why I would have thought to put the painting on itself like that. If I really was seeing something that was there, then it makes sense that I put the painting how it was TO see something. If I would have been seeing these images in the wall, or something random it would make me think I was just seeing things. But since I was seeing things inside of a painting that I had re-arranged in a specific way then it makes sense that I was seeing something that was there. Why I arranged the painting like that is answered by the things I saw.

Now you would wonder, as I still do, HOW? If I really was seeing something that was intended to be seen, how could I? Why did positioning the Mona Lisa, how I did, create new images? How could that happen?



My current explanation is seemingly very far fetched but helps to explain a lot of my other theories about this painting and human perception. It’s not impossible and most everyone has seen the very same thing done before. Like I’ve said Stereograms weren’t discovered till the 1800’s. They’re those images that seem to pop out when you cross your eyes at them. Stereograms are images that become three dimensional if you look at them in a certain way. There are also Stereo Pairs which are two similar images next to each other that change when you combine them with your eyes.


(Tthey literally form a single cube that lifts off the page)

If you combine the two images above with your eyes you’ll notice how it appears to turn 3 dimensional. You’ll notice they are only slightly different from each other – changed in such a way to make our eyes perceive them differently once combined together.

You might realize that there is something strange that must have to happen for our eyes to do this, right? It has something to do with the distance between your eyes, how our brains perceive objects, and how they process depth. All you really need to understand at this point is that the simple lines above can be turned into a 3 dimensional image just by crossing your eyes- Simple but extraordinarily complex.

You’ve probably also seen the even more complex images that look like a collage of colors but when you cross your eyes different shapes pop out. Isn’t that weird?



How can these dots seem to pop out at different distances from the page if you cross your eyes when you look at them? Pretty interesting if you ask me. There are even newer illusions that appear to move without even doing anything with your eyes. There is one that appears to go clockwise or counterclockwise which changes direction with only your own concentration. How can that happen? What is the mental processing that is happening for this to be possible? Or even more interestingly, this is something fairly easy to produce but difficult to describe. I would assume that Da Vinci knew about this and used this knowledge in his paintings, especially the Mona Lisa. I would also think that if I really was seeing something that WAS there, then something like stereo grams had something to do with it.



“These are the miracles, images so close together that they can be reconstituted by the dilation of the eyes” – Da Vinci’s own words. This quote, which I didn’t read until wayyyy after the fact, makes me realize that I wasn’t “seeing things” but seeing things that were really there.



If I really was seeing something that was suppose to be seen, then it would make sense that putting the Mona Lisa in different positions on top of herself might make enable a stereogram like effect.. It would be like having the dots in the wrong space above and then putting them in the correct place. BUT

· You couldn’t see them unless you knew to look for them.

· You couldn’t see them unless you were looking from the right angle and distance.

· You couldn’t see them unless you knew how to look for them.

Not to mention that there are people who are not able to see them no matter what, like being color blind (but depth perception blind) I think that staying up for so long enabled me to see things in an either less, or more focused way – whatever way it took for me to see something that really was there. Something else that happened that was even more fascinating was how I was seeing everything else while in that state of mind. "
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1.2.1 - Shone

Mohenjo Daro

Nothing's real until you let go completely.