Sticks and Stones

"I visited Derek Bair's website for 5 seconds and concluded that he was a devious conspiracy theorist out to fleece fools (for they and their money are soon parted) of their cash; as opposed to a run-of-the-mill conspiracy theorist like yourself."

I found this posted on someone's blog. The person writing it (Michael Outhwaite) was posting a comment on the blog and saw a comment I had also left with a link to my site.

I guess this is something i'm going to have to get used to. It's strange that things that are NOT true shouldn't hurt, they shouldn't mean anything, but they seem to sting even more. I hate that someone would assume i'm just out to "fleece fools of their cash" which is definitely not the case. Sure I would like my book to be a success, that's the point of any book, you write it to be read. But I honestly dont want anyone to buy it unless they want to. I wrote this book to describe something I found, not to deceive anyone.

I have to admit if I went to my site and it wasn't MY site, I would probably be skeptical. But after reading my book, which is 450 pages long (and take a LOT longer than 5 seconds to understand), it would become obvious it's in no way a scam or fabrication. If someone wants to scam people out of their money I could think of a lot easier and better ways than writing a book about the Mona Lisa and Da Vinci - I mean seriously!

I cant help but feel hurt that someone would think that about me, when all i truly want is to help people. It's like I shouldn't care about the opinions of others, but when it comes to someone insinuating i'm a scam artist - it's not cool. I haven't made a single dollar from my book. It's cost me everything. I've sold ONE, which wasn't even enough for lulu.com to send me a check.

I guess, like I already knew, there are just jerky people in the world who talk without really saying anything. There's going to be plenty of that and as much as I can expect it, i'm not going to be happy about it. Sometimes you'd rather have some sticks and stones than words.

Stop being a baby Derek.

'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand And Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights And If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land And If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right" The longest Album title ever by Fionna Apple
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1.2.1 - Shone

Mohenjo Daro

Nothing's real until you let go completely.